Anxiety Therapy & Treatment
Effective Solutions for Managing Anxiety in Toronto, ON
Discover a Path to Relief from Anxiety
- Learn new coping strategies to manage anxiety
- Gain a better understanding of your triggers and thought patterns
- Develop healthier ways of reacting to anxiety-provoking situations
- Understand the root causes and scope of your anxiety
Anxiety can cause nervousness, fear, excessive worrying, as well as the physical symptoms of a racing heart, dizziness, shortness of breath, fatigue, insomnia, upset stomach, restlessness, muscle tension, irritability, difficulty concentrating or mind going blank among others. Intense or prolonged anxiety can even bring on or worsen physical ailments such as chronic rash, hair loss and and migraine, cluster or tension headaches.
Anxiety can cause tension and stress – marginally or excessively. So it’s no surprise that anxiety often is a trigger of our headaches. Many time we don’t even suspect it as the root cause of a bad headache on the weekend, or at work. In fact, tension headaches and migraines are the most common type of anxiety headache.
If you are experiencing regular headaches and don’t know why, it’s worth considering whether or not your anxiety is to blame. It could be helpful to log when you get your headaches or migraines and note what is happening and how you are feeling at the time. Often, our clients cite dread as being the cause of their anxiety, which in turn can lead to dull but persistent pressure or sharp and stabbing headache pain.
The daily life of the individual can be impacted greatly by severe anxiety. Especially, if they begin to avoid the things that cause anxiety. Instead of trying to sweep your anxiety under the carpet for yourself to just trip on, address and work through it. Its much easier and more effective doing this with the help of an expert. We are happy to apply our extensive years of experience in helping clients address and manage their anxiety in ways that also reduce symptoms and vastly improve their quality of life!
Empowering You to Overcome Anxiety
Our Caring Therapists Specialize in These Common Types of Anxiety
Our experienced and professional therapists are here to help you find relief from anxiety of all kinds. Some of the most common types of anxiety that our caring therapists can help you with include:
- Work-related anxiety: Anxiety and stress related to job demands, workplace relationships, or career goals.
- Excessive worry: Feeling anxious or worried about everyday things beyond what is considered reasonable and to a point of dread.
- Panic attacks: Sudden and unexpected episodes of intense fear and physical symptoms such as racing heart, sweating, trembling, and shortness of breath.
- Social anxiety: Fear of social situations or performance situations where the person feels they are being watched or judged by others.
- Trauma: Anxiety and fear related to a traumatic event or experience.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): Excessive and uncontrollable worry about a variety of different things, which can interfere with daily life.
Our goal is to empower you with the tools and techniques you need to cope with anxiety and regain control of your daily life.
Find Relief from Anxiety
Get started on your journey towards a happier and healthier life.
Why Do I Get Anxious? Is Anxiety Normal?
When we get anxious our bodies are just doing what they are meant to do however it is not very helpful or adaptive in our peaceful modern society.
Anxiety is a normal biological fight or flight response to a perceived threat. For example, our bodies react as if we are being attacked by a bear even when the threat is not life-threatening. A good illustration of this is if we detect something that makes us concerned we might lose our job our bodies respond the same as if we are being attacked by a bear. Severe anxiety no longer serves a purpose in today’s society when the increased cortisol and adrenaline is not necessary as we have no need to fight dangerous wildlife. In fact, when anxiety is so severe in these less pressing and physical situations it cuts off resources to our brain and higher thinking functions that are crucial to solving the problem we are so worried about.
Have a question? We’re here to help
How Can Anxiety Therapy Help?
- Learn new ways to cope with anxiety
- Teach you new ways to react to the usual triggers
- Identify and shift thought patterns connected to anxiety
- Understand the root cause of anxiety – Long-lasting treatment is most successful when you can make sense of where the anxiety came from
Our team of caring, experienced therapists are here to help you live your life free of the limitations anxiety can create. Contact us today for Toronto anxiety therapy.