Are you overwhelmed with stress?
Life is busy, expensive and competitive. Pressures, challenging situations, relationship turmoil or conflict seem to be the norm these days? Let our expertise in stress management and counselling benefit you in dealing with and succeeding in spite of the stress that surrounds you. While it is normal and essential to have a certain degree of stress once in a while, intolerable levels of it may be telling you that you need the help of a well trained stress management coach!
The impact of stress on our physical, mental and emotional health is widely documented. There are scientifically proven relationships and correlations between stress and high blood pressure, heart attacks, depression, skin issues, gastrointestinal problems, cancer, diabetes, obesity, emotional symptoms such as insomnia, fatigue, irritability.
We’ll help you live your life free from barriers
Stress Management Can Help You:
- Learn more effective ways to interpret ambiguous situations at home, out or at work, as well as altering your perspectives about social cues
- Understand the influence of the mind on our physical bodies – distorted destructive negative ways of thinking play a huge role in stress levels
- Explore, process, and problem-solve all your conscious and unconscious worries and fears
- Set goals and make decisions
- Cope with stress and release the associated body tension
- Learn relaxation techniques: deep breathing, mindfulness, guided imagery, meditation
- Deal with out of control and persistent ways of thinking, feeling and behaving that are contributing to stress
- Recognize and switch worst case scenario thinking patterns
- Understand how to care for yourself in ways that help you manage life’s stressors
- Be your own coach, therapist and best friend so that you self-compassionate voice is encouraging and positive and you talk yourself out of stress thought patterns.
- Feel calm no matter what chaos you are facing in life
- Build confidence so you take comfort in the thought that you can handle whatever comes your way
Have a question? We’re here to help
Stress Can Cause:
- Insomnia, sleep difficulties, nightmares
- Muscle tension and pain
- Overreacting to things that wouldn’t normally have such an impact
- Weight loss or gain
Stress Management Tips:
- Humour helps – Find a way to laugh, be playful and have fun!
- Physical activity – sweat it out
- Relaxation practises – Breath deeply, progressive body relaxation, meditation
- Warm baths, heating pads
- Hobbies and activities you enjoy
- Creativity – find something creative to do
- Distract yourself with books, movies, music
- Talk about your worries